Read the following job advertisements:
1. Needed: Full time secretary position available. Applicants should have at least 2 years experience and be able to type 60 words a minute. No computer skills required. Apply in person at United Business Ltd., 17 Browning Street.
2. Are you looking for a part time job? We require 3 part time shop assistants to work during the evening. No experience required, applicants should between 18 and 26. Call 366 - 76564 for more information.
3. Computer trained secretaries: Do you have experience working with computers? Would you like a full time position working in an exciting new company? If your answer is yes, give us a call at 565-987-7832.
4. Teacher Needed: Tommy's Kindergarten needs 2 teacher/trainers to help with classes from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Applicants should have appropriate licenses. For more information visit Tommy's Kindergarten in Leicester Square No. 56.
5. Part Time work available: We are looking for retired adults who would like to work part time at the weekend. Responsibilities include answering the telephone and giving customer's information. For more information contact us by calling 897-980-7654.
6. University positions open: The University of Cumberland is looking for 4 teaching assistants to help with homework correction. Applicants should have a degree in one of the following: Political Science, Religion, Economics or History. Please contact the University of Cumberland for more information.
Which position is best for these people? Choose ONLY ONE position for each person.
- Jane Madison. Jane recently retired and is looking for a part time position. She would like to work with people and enjoys public relation work.
The best job for Jane is _____
- Jack Anderson. Jack graduated from the University of Trent with a degree in Economics two years ago. He would like an academic position.
The best job for Jack is _____
- Margaret Lillian. Margaret is 21 years old and would like a part time position to help her pay her university expenses. She can only work in the evenings.
The best job for Margaret is _____
- Alice Fingelhamm. Alice was trained as a secretary and has six years of experience. She is an excellent typist but does not know how to use a computer. She is looking for a full time position.
The best job for Alice is _____
- Peter Florian. Peter went to business school and studied computer and secretarial skills. He is looking for his first job and would like a full time position.
The best job for Peter is _____
- Vincent san George. Vincent loves working with children and has an education license from the city of Birmingham. He would like to work with young children.
The best job for Vincent is _____
Check your answers to this reading comprehension quiz on the next page.
By Kenneth Beare, About.com Guide