1. True hibernation takes place only among ___animals.
2. The bark of some species of oak trees yields a substance used in ___ leather.
3. ___ about individuals who really existed and things that actually happened.
4. In a hot, sunny climate, man acclimatizes by eating less, drinking more liquids, wearing lighter clothing, and ________.
5. Amniocentesis can be used not only to diagnose fetal disorders ________ the sex of the unborn child with 95 percent accuracy.
6. Lobbyists who represent special interest groups get ________ that benefits their groups.
7. _______ that new information to anyone else but the sergeant
8. The committee has met and ________.
9. Most beekeepers have observed ________ at the approach of a thunderstorm.
10. Electron storage rings ________ in investigations of the structure of materials.
11. ________, he would have been able to pass the exam.
12. Before ________ Stephen A. Douglas took part in a series of debates with Lincoln on the slavery issue.
13. The rabbit scurried away in fright ________
14. ________ the Gulf Stream is warmer than the ocean water surrounding it.
15. It is possible ________ may assist some trees in saving water in the winter.
16. ________ more susceptible to bacterial contamination than other types of meat because it has more surface area exposed to bacteria laden air.
17. After ________ in his application form, he went to pay the membership fee.
18. Although fish do not have any outer ears, ________ have a simple inner ear on either side of the head.
19. ________ spotted owl is in danger of soon becoming extinct.
20. If the United States had not entered the Second World War, probably the 1940 unemployment rate of 14% ________ still further.