1. The ancient Hopewell people of North America probably cultivated corn and ___crops, but hunting and gathering were still of critical importance in their economy.
2. The fragrances of many natural substances come from oils, ___ these oils may be used in manufacturing perfumes.
3. ________ air traffic controllers guide planes through conditions of near zero visibility.
4. Aspirin is used ________ a constriction of the blood vessels.
5. The theory of Continental Drift assumes that there ________ long-term climatic changes in many areas during the past.
6. ________, the Mauritius parakeet, and the Japanese crested ibis are among (the most endangered of the world's birds.
7. ________ cause extensive damage to Pacific Island nations each year.
8. The blue whale is ________ known animal, reaching a length of more than one hundred feet.
9. The sport of hang gliding ________ by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
10. The clay burial vessels from the early Hopewell culture of North America are decorated with zigzag, grooved, and.
11. Having been served lunch, ________.
12. Projective tests ________ as the Rorschach Test have no right or wrong answers.
13. Statistics have shown that early winter ________ the worst time for traffic accidents.
14. The observation deck at the World Trade Center ________ in New York.
15. George ________ he could improve his test scores, but he did not have enough time to study.
16. The 'Consumers Price Index' lists ________.
17. Therapists are currently using mental imagery in the hope that it might prove ________ in the treatment of cancer.
18. The yearly path of the sun around the heavens ________.
19. ________ the promotion of health and to helping people avoid injury and disease.
20. ________ categorized as lipids.