1. The knee is the joint __________the thigh bone meets the large bone of the lower leg.
2. __________the history of the tough, strong-willed Nebraska farmer.
3. All of the people at the AAME conference are ________.
4. ________ "cultural diffusion" refers to the spread of customs or practices from one culture to another.
5. The Order of Elks has been in existence ________ 1868.
6. At Woolworth's first five-and-ten-cent store, ________ more than a dime.
7. Although they are both grown in the United States and exported abroad, corn is not native to America and winter wheat ________.
8. ________ strength of 70 horses, a forklift toils all day long in a warehouse lifting great weights.
9. Fred's yearly income since he changed professions has ________.
10. ________ his life, Eugene O'Neill was regarded as the foremost American dramatist.
11. One's fingerprints are ________ .
12. Progressive farmers use several methods to prevent top soil ________.
13. Many of the current international problems we are now facing ________.
14. The first nuclear-powered ship in the world, "The Nautilus," ________ by the U.S. Navy in 1954.
15. Harvard ________ a school for men, but now it is coeducational, serving as many women as men.
16. Both historically and ________, Ontario is the heartland of Canada.
17. ________ on the environment for the gratification of its needs.
18. Charlie Chaplin was a comedian ________ was best known for his work in silent movies.
19. Not until a student has mastered algebra ________ the principles of geometry, trigonometry, and physics.
20. ________ many of the designs for the new capital were considered lost forever, Benjamin Banneker helped reproduce the original plans.