1. ___ in 1635, the Boston Latin School is the oldest public school in the United States.
2. At an experimental agricultural station, many types of grass are grown ________ various conditions.
3. ________ did Arthur realize that there was danger.
4. As soon as ________ with an acid, salt, and sometimes water, is formed.
5. Helen Keller lost both her sight and hearing after a severe illness ________.
6. Some plants are annuals; ________ are biennials; the rest are perennials.
7. ________ up to seven months.
8. Children just love computer games, ________ many adults.
9. ________, common weedy plants with many-rayed yellow flowers, are more popular among children than among adults.
10. Robots are being used increasingly in industry as they can work on large jobs faster, are more precise and ________.
11. Touch-typing was originally devised as an aid to ________.
12. ________ he was writing his plays and poems four centuries ago, Shakespeare's ideas are still relevant today.
13. The role of the mass media in influencing public policy decisions, maintaining or changing the status quo of our society, and ________ outlets for all types of views is enormous.
14. Although it is difficult ________ , a frog is more likely to be smooth and wet, and a toad rough and dry.
15. ________ extensively by persons who cannot speak or hear, American Sign Language ranks as the fourth most widely used language in the U.S. today.
16. Cupid, one of the ancient Roman gods, ________.
17. The electric eel uses its electric shock to capture food and ________.
18. Of the two new teachers, one is experienced and ________
19. Elephants scratch themselves with sticks ________.
20. The "Canterbury Tales", written about 1386, is as alive and ________ today as it was nearly 600 years ago.