1. Some procedures used for laboratory analysis of archaeological specimens are ___ procedures conducted in crime laboratories
2. The windmill, which has been used for hundreds of years to pump water and grind grains, ___ redesigned to produce electricity
3. Lunar eclipses occur each time the Earth blocks the Sun’s light from the Moon ___ the Moon’s full phase.
4. _____ commonly chosen as the first step to a career in public office.
5. Quasars __________ emitting extremely intense radio waves and visible radiation.
6. Most substances contract when they freeze so that the density of a substance’s solid is ___of its liquid.
7. The student managed to pass the entrance examination ________ he was blind.
8. It is earth's gravity that ________ people their weight.
9. A good team ________ of both recruiting and coaching as well as performing.
10. He gave ________.
11. A communications satellite orbits the earth at the same rate that the earth revolves ________ over a fixed point on the surface.
12. In xerox printing, the ink becomes fused to the paper as soon as ________.
13. ________ a bridge builder, Gustav Eiffel designed the Eiffel Tower for the Paris Exposition of 1889.
14. Public television stations are different from commercial stations ________.
15. ________ when a person doesn't eat enough fruit and vegetables.
16. Iron ________ for weapons and tools in the Bronze Age following the Stone Age.
17. Anxiety about uncontrollable situations is thought to cause ________.
18. ________ as the most important crop in Hawaii is sugar cane.
19. They decided to finish and finally ________the hard evening with a pizza and a few sodas.
20. Gilbert Stuart is considered by most art critics ________ greatest portrait painter in the North American colonies.