1. For the first time in the history of the country, the person which was recommended by the president to replace a retiring justice on the Supreme Court is a woman.
2. The high protein content of various strains of alfalfa plants, along with the characteristically long root system that enables them to survive long droughts, make them particularly valuable in arid countries.
3. Psychological experiment indicate that people remember more math problems that they cannot solve than those they are able to solve.
4. Aristotle systematically set out the various forms of the syllogism that has remained an important reference for logic.
5. While the sun is the major source of ultraviolet rays, it is not the source only.
6. Lead poisoning can result if to much lead builds up in the body.
7. Every society changes, but not change at the same rate or in the same direction.
8. Natural gas often occurs both together with petroleum in the minute pores of rocks such as sandstone and limestone.
9. The National Basketball Association will not let any athlete to continue playing in the league unless he submits voluntarily to treatment for drug addiction.
10. Water insects have multitudes of little branching tubes within them bodies which are always full of air.
11. Janet is finally used to cook on an electric stove after having a gas one for so long.
12. Lack of sanitation in restaurants are a major cause of disease in some areas of the country.
13. The primary concern of a central bank is to maintenance of a sound based commercial banking structure.
14. Before she moved to California, with its much milder climate, Betty found that her health improved considerably.
15. From the airplane, passengers are able to clearly see the outline of the whole island.
16. After Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin in 1793, the cotton market had boomed.
17. Natural gas is compose of hydrocarbon molecules that break apart into hydrogen and carbon atoms when heated.
18. Wind is the motion that occurs when lighter air rises and cools heavier air replaces it.
19. Had the committee members considered the alternatives more carefully, they would have realized that the second was better as the first.
20. Although a doctor may be able to diagnose a problem perfect, he still may not be able to find a drug to which the patient will respond.