1. Doctors believe there is better in this modern world of ours to try to prevent illnesses than to rely on medicines to cure them.
2. Mary and her sister just bought two new winters coats at the clearance sale.
3. Twenty the amino acids serve as building blocks of proteins.
4. The Rhode Island is the smallest state in the United States.
5. The fire began in the fifth floor of the hotel, but it soon spread to adjacent floors.
6. Dresses, skirts, shoes, and children's clothing are advertised at great reduced prices this weekend.
7. Quasars, which relatively small objects, emit an enormous amount of energy.
8. George Ellery Hale and his colleagues designed the two-hundred-inch telescope on Mount Palomar study the structure of the universe.
9. J. Edgar Hoover has served as director of the FBI from 1924 until his death in 1972.
10. The officials object to them wearing long dresses for the inaugural dance at the country club.
11. Walter Hunt, although was not credited for many of his inventions, is known for the invention of safety-pin.
12. There is fewer rainfall on the West Coast of the United States than on the East Coast.
13. Neither of the girls have turned in the term papers to the instructor yet.
14. The larger of the forty-eight continental states in the United States is Texas.
15. Bats use echoes of their own high-frequency sounds to detect food and avoiding obstacles.
16. By the mid-nineteenth century, land was such expensive in large cities that architects began to conserve space by designing skyscrapers.
17. We decided together with other members of the Astronomy Club to stay up all night to work the full noon next.
18. The Department of Foreign Languages are not located in the new building opposite the old one.
19. Among the world's 44 richest countries, there has been not war since 1945.
20. Some researchers believe that an unfair attitude toward the poor will contributed to the problem of poverty.