1. Alcoholic beverages vary widely in content, ranging from only 2 or 3 percent for some light beers to as high to 60 percent for some vodkas and brandies.
2. It is necessary that one met a judge before signing the final papers for a divorce.
3. They asked us, Henry and I, whether we thought that the statistics had been presented fairly and accurately.
4. When a child, Barbara Mandrell played the guitar, banjo, and saxophone in her family's band, but in 1981 she was named Entertainer of the Year for her singing.
5. When a patient's blood pressure is much higher than it should be, a doctor usually insists that he will not smoke.
6. Mr Anderson used to jogging in the crisp morning air during the winter months, but now he has stopped.
7. Frank Lloyd Wright has been acclaimed by colleagues as the greater of all modern architects.
8. The Wagner Act guarantees workers in the U.S the right to organizing labor unions.
9. People entering a tropical jungle for the first time are always amazed at how wet it is, how green it is and its incredible beauty.
10. It was Vitus Bering, the Danish sea captain, who discovered Alaska on its voyage to Russia in 1741.
11. The word "classic" comes of Latin and initially meant "superior".
12. One of the most popular major fields of study for foreign scholars in the United States is business and the another is engineering.
13. As soon as the company has as enough earnings to make up for a bad year, the stockholders of cumulative preferred stock receive dividends for the bad year as well as for the good year.
14. Until recently, photocopy machines were regarded strict as business and professional office equipment that required a lot of expensive servicing.
15. The oxygen content of Mars is not sufficient enough to support life as we know it.
16. Studies show that the new strategy is not so effective as the previous one.
17. It is generally accepted that the common cold is caused by as much as forty strains of viruses that may be present in the air at all times.
18. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was not only a poet and an author but also presided the modern language department at Harvard University for more than eighteen years.
19. Mirrors done of shiny metal were used by the Egyptians in ancient times.
20. Southern California, is known for its mild winters, has become the new home for many senior citizens escaping the hard Northern winters.