1. Mercury and alcohol are widely used in thermometers because their volume increases uniform with temperature.
2. At the awards banquet, the philanthropist was recognized for his generosity and careful in aiding the poor.
3. A catalytic agent such as platinum may be used so the chemical reaction advances more rapidly.
4. It has been proven that when a subject identifies a substance as tasting well, he is often associating the taste with the smell.
5. Plant cuttings who are placed in water will develop roots and can then be planted in soil.
6. Neither the mathematics department nor the biology department at State University requires that the students must write a thesis in order to graduate with a master's degree.
7. In 1984 the world population rose to over 4.7 billion, up almost 85 million from an estimate made the year ago.
8. It took the mayor over an hour explanation to the other members of the board why he had missed the last meeting.
9. The rest of the stockholders will receive his reports in the mail along with a copy of today's proceedings.
10. The human ear cannot hear a sound that vibrates less than 16 times the second.
11. In Quebec, Canada, the flowing of the maple sap is one of the first sign of spring.
12. Our new neighbors had been living in Arizona since ten years before moving to their present house.
13. They said that the man jumped off of the bridge and plunged into the freezing water.
14. My brother is who wrote the spy story upon which the movie we saw was based.
15. The congressman, accompanied by secret service agents and aides, are preparing to enter the convention hall within the next few minutes.
16. One kinds of tool that was popular during the Stone Age was a flake, used for cutting and scraping.
17. Today was such beautiful day that I couldn't bring myself to complete all my chores.
18. The decision to withdraw all support from the activities of the athletes are causing an uproar among the athlete's fans.
19. Almost one-half of those taking specialized courses last year were taking self-improvement course.
20. Many of the population in the rural areas is composed of manual laborers.