1. Most Americans would not be happy without a color television, two cars, and working at an extra job.
2. The Department of Fine Arts and Architecture has been criticized for not having much required courses scheduled for this semester.
3. Despite of the fact that backgammon is easy to learn, it is as difficult to play as chess.
4. Those of us who smoke should have their lungs X-rayed regularly.
5. Teddy Roosevelt demonstrated his competitive spirit and tireless energy in 1905 whenever he led the Rough Riders up San Juan Hill.
6. The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trades [GATT] is an international agreement designing to increase trade among member nations.
7. Alexander Calder, who was originally interested in mechanical engineering, later became a sculpture.
8. Writers and media personnel sell theirselves best by the impression given in their verbal expression.
9. all the scouts got theirselves ready for the long camping trip by spending their weekends living in the open.
10. Cosmic distance is measured on light- years.
11. Among Thomas Jefferson's many accomplishment was his work to establish the University of Virginia.
12. The registrar has requested that each student and teacher sign their name on the grade sheet before submitting it.
13. As Ingrid Bergman lived a life of courage, she also approached die with courage.
14. The test administrator ordered we not to open our books until he told us to do so.
15. Everyone who has traveled across the United States by car, train, or bus are surprised to see such a large expanse of territory with such variation among the life-styles of the people.
16. The Civil War was not only disastrous in terms of loss of human life but in the effects on the agriculture in the South.
17. The prices at The Economy Center are as reasonable, if not more reasonable, as those at comparable discount stores.
18. The brothers Grimm intended their fairy tales to be studied by scholars of German literature and not to enjoy as simple stories by children.
19. There is an unresolved controversy as to whom is the real author of the Elizabethan plays commonly credited to William Shakespeare.
20. In his early days as a direct, Charlie Chaplin produced 62 short, silent comedy films in four years.