1. Some important characteristics of the Baroque style was a renewed interest in ornamentation and a powerful use of both light and shade.
2. Alexander Graham Bell was once a teacher who run a school for the deaf in Massachusetts.
3. There exists more than 2,600 different varieties of palm trees, with varying flowers, leaves, and fruits.
4. Ghost towns like Rhyolite, Nevada are communities that are not longer inhabited because changes in economic conditions have caused the people to move elsewhere.
5. Harvey seldom pays his bills on time, and his brother does too.
6. Schizophrenia, a behavioral disorder typified by a fundamental break with reality, may be triggered by genetic predisposition, stressful, drugs, or infections.
7. Many roads and railroads were built in the 1880s because of the industrial cities needed a network to link them with sources of supply.
8. To building their nests, tailorbirds use their bills as needles.
9. The only bird know to shine at night is the barn owl of Western Europe, which actually shines through a fungus sticking to their feathers.
10. According to the 1978 Bakke decision by the Supreme Court, an university may not use admissions quotas to obtain a racially balanced student body.
11. People who live in small towns often seem more warm and friendly than people who live in populated densely areas.
12. The manager thought the new clerk was not a honest person so set a trap for her.
13. The first vaccine ever developed was used to combat and fight a smallpox, a disease resulting from infection by a virus.
14. My cousin composes not only the music, but also sings the songs for the major Broadway musicals.
15. I suggest that he goes to the doctor as soon as he returns from taking the exam.
16. Despite the metric system is used throughout the world, it is still not commonly used in the United States.
17. Miami, Florida, is among the few cities in the United States which has been awarded official status as a bilingual municipality.
18. The news of the president's treaty negotiations with the foreign government were received with mixed emotions by the citizens of both governments.
19. Programs such as Head Start were developed to prepare children from deprived situations to enter school without to experience unusual difficulties.
20. Harvard University was established just after sixteen years the Pilgrims arrived.