1. The Greek historian Herodotus reported that one hundred thousand men are employed for twenty years to build the Great Pyramid at Gizeh.
2. The patient who was not supposed to be released until the end of the week was told to dress in clothes and report to the nurses'station.
3. The corals can be divided into three groups, two of which is extinct.
4. The leader emphasized the need for justice and equality between his people.
5. Industrialist Henry Ford introduced assembly-line techniques into the manufacturer of motor vehicles.
6. The soil is composed of a mixture of organic matter called humus and inorganic matter derived from rocks.
7. The term Neanderthal man was used to describe widely dispersed populations that lived between 110,000 and 35,000 years ago.
8. Gettysburg has been preserve as a national historic monument because it was the site of a major Civil War battle in which many lives were lost.
9. That once a talented child actress, Shirley Temple Black has established herself as a career diplomat, serving both as a representative in the United Nations and as an ambassador abroad.
10. Some of us have to study their lessons more carefully if we expect to pass this examination.
11. John Dewey thought that children will learn better through participating in experiences rather than through listening to lecture.
12. Overseas telephone service has been expanding fastly since its inauguration in 1927 when a radio circuit was established between New York and London.
13. Historically there has been only two major factions in the Republican Party - the liberals and the conservatives.
14. Computers, who keep constant track of inventories and handle all billing, have become the backbone of the large business firms.
15. The ozone layer must be protected because it shields the Earth from excessive ultraviolet radiations.
16. Papyrus was used for to make not only paper but also sails, baskets, and clothing.
17. Much Civil War battles were fought in Virginia than in other state.
18. Migraines were usually worse than tension headaches and can be so intense as to cause vomiting and vision problems.
19. Before he starting work on the excavation the archaeologist decided to study the maps in the local museum first.
20. Despite of rain or snow there are always more than fifty thousand fans at the OSU football games.