1. The "Fairness Doctrine" of the FCC requires that radio and television stations give equal time to opposing sides of issues controversial.
2. Together Rogers and Hammerstein wrote nine musicals, the first of whose was Oklahoma .
3. Benjamin Franklin was the editor of the largest newspaper in the colonies, a diplomatic representative to France and later to England, and he invented many useful devices.
4. Agronomists study crop disease, selective breeding, crop rotation, and climatic factors, as well soil content and erosion.
5. Despite its smaller size, the Indian Ocean is as deep the Atlantic Ocean.
6. What happened in New York were a reaction from city workers, including firemen and policemen who had been laid off from their jobs.
7. Economic goods often consist to material items, but they can also be services to people.
8. It is essential that vitamins are supplied either by foods or by supplementary tablets for normal growth to occur.
9. Although there are new drugs on the market, deaths from malaria are being increasing in some parts of the world.
10. Melanin, a pigment that lays under the skin, is responsible for skin color, including the variations that occur among different races.
11. With a policy of eminent domain, the state has control ultimate of all real property.
12. Representative democracy seemed evolve simultaneously during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries in Britain, Europe, and the United States.
13. If the oxygen supply in the atmosphere was not replenished by plants, it would soon be exhausted.
14. For photosynthesis to occur, a leaf requires carbon dioxide, water, and light is also necessary.
15. Although the Indians and the Eskimo had lived for centuries in Canada and the United States, when the European settlers came in the seventeenth century, the newcomers began a systematic effort to push them further into the wilderness and to take the land from their.
16. If the ozone gases of the atmosphere did not filter out the ultraviolet rays of the sun, life, as we know it, would not have evolved on earth.
17. It is not surprised that the Arabs, who possessed a remarkable gift for astronomy, mathematics, and geometry, were also skillful mapmakers.
18. Albert Einstein was such brilliant a scientist that many of his colleagues had to study for several years in order to form opinions about his theories.
19. A one hundred-horsepower tractor can make the work of a large number of horses.
20. Ships are able to move through canals because locks, rectangular areas with varying water levels.