1. Although business practices have been applied successfully to agriculture, farming is different other industries.
2. Although there are exceptions, as whole, the male of the bird species is more brilliantly colored.
3. In the United States, the bark the eastern hemlock is the main source of tannin for curing leather.
4. Authors Samuel Eliot Morison won two Pultizer Prizes, one in 1943 for a biography of Columbus and the other in 1960 for a biography of John Paul Jones.
5. When zippers are easy to use, it took almost half a century to perfect the zipper and find a way to manufacture them economically.
6. The Augustinian monk, Gregor Mendel, performed many experiments which have won him the title of "Father of Genetic".
7. Some gorillas beat their chests as an express of high spirits.
8. After the police had tried unsuccessfully to determine to who the car belonged, they towed it into the station.
9. The town we visited was a four-days journey from our hotel, so we took the train instead of the bus.
10. As soon as they arrived at the hotel they took the elevator to their room and straight to bed because they were so tired.
11. One of the primary cause of accidents in coal mines is the accumulation of gas.
12. Before becoming successful, Charles Kettering, former vice president of General Motors, was so poor that he has to use the hayloft of a barn as a laboratory.
13. The senior student was not able to find out why the experiment failed, and neither his professor could.
14. On the 19th century frontier, school, along with the church and the jail, was a key public building in the community.
15. The water in the Great Salt Lake is at less four times saltier than seawater.
16. The theory of natural selection is used to explain which animals of a species will die prematurely and which will survival.
17. The yard sales are a good way to get rid of all those things that have been cluttering up our garages and attics for years.
18. Traveling ballet companies were uncommon before her Augusta Maywood formed the first traveling troupe.
19. To improvement the stability of the building, a concrete foundation two feet thick must be installed.
20. Aristotle, the famous Greek philosopher, believed that the brain was an organ that cooled a heart.