In this section you will find a number of listening comprehension tests which are based on the second part of the Test Of English for International Communication. These tests will help you practise and improve your business listening skills and you will also learn many new phrases. Here is how you should complete the tests:
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers.
Click on the 'View Answer' button to see the correct answers.
You can listen to the recording as often as you like. If you want to see the transcript (the text) of the recording, please click on the 'View Transcript' button.
Lesson 35: A conversation between a professor and a university student in the professors office
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers then choose the best answer to the question.
1. What problem does the student have?
2. Why does the professor say this: Remember what I said at the beginning of the term, the only bad question is the one that stays in your brain. Right?
3. According to the professor, what happens when tectonic plates collide?
4. Why does the professor mention the Red Sea?
5. In the conversion, the professor mentions two types of boundaries for Tectonic plates. Indicate which of the following statements refer to divergent boundary.