In this section you will find a number of listening comprehension tests which are based on the second part of the Test Of English for International Communication. These tests will help you practise and improve your business listening skills and you will also learn many new phrases. Here is how you should complete the tests:
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers.
Click on the 'View Answer' button to see the correct answers.
You can listen to the recording as often as you like. If you want to see the transcript (the text) of the recording, please click on the 'View Transcript' button.
Lesson 34: A conversation between a university student and a professor in the professors office
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers then choose the best answer to the question.
1. Why does the student come to the professor's office?
2. What does the professor imply when he says this: What's the problem, is your grade too high? (chuckles)
3. According to the professor, what is the main weakness of the student's essay?
4. Based on the conversation, indicate which statement is true.
5. Why does the professor congratulate the student?