In this section you will find a number of listening comprehension tests which are based on the second part of the Test Of English for International Communication. These tests will help you practise and improve your business listening skills and you will also learn many new phrases. Here is how you should complete the tests:
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers.
Click on the 'View Answer' button to see the correct answers.
You can listen to the recording as often as you like. If you want to see the transcript (the text) of the recording, please click on the 'View Transcript' button.
Lesson 33: A conversation between a university student and an employee in the university registrars office
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers then choose the best answer to the question.
1. Why does the student visit the registrar's office?
2. What is a prerequisite for taking the spring geology seminar?
3. Why does the employee mean when he says this: Not offhand.
4. What can be inferred about the student?
5. Based on the conversation, which of the following statements is NOT true?