In this section you will find a number of listening comprehension tests which are based on the second part of the Test Of English for International Communication. These tests will help you practise and improve your business listening skills and you will also learn many new phrases. Here is how you should complete the tests:
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers.
Click on the 'View Answer' button to see the correct answers.
You can listen to the recording as often as you like. If you want to see the transcript (the text) of the recording, please click on the 'View Transcript' button.
Lesson 31: A conversation between two university students who met on campus
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers then choose the best answer to the question.
1. How long has the young man been drinking alcohol?
2. What can be said about the young man's drinking habits?
3. What is the purpose of this conversation?
4. What will the young man probably do in the near future?
5. Why does the young man say this: "Oh, um...it's hard to say...."?