In this section you will find a number of listening comprehension tests which are based on the second part of the Test Of English for International Communication. These tests will help you practise and improve your business listening skills and you will also learn many new phrases. Here is how you should complete the tests:
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers.
Click on the 'View Answer' button to see the correct answers.
You can listen to the recording as often as you like. If you want to see the transcript (the text) of the recording, please click on the 'View Transcript' button.
Lesson 30: A conversation between a professor and his student
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers then choose the best answer to the question.
1. What us the purpose of this conversation?
2. Why does the student show the professor her essay?
3. What should a good writer do?
4. What will the student probably do with her next paper?
5. Why does the professor say this: "Well, why didn't you say that in the first place? "