In this section you will find a number of listening comprehension tests which are based on the second part of the Test Of English for International Communication. These tests will help you practise and improve your business listening skills and you will also learn many new phrases. Here is how you should complete the tests:
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers.
Click on the 'View Answer' button to see the correct answers.
You can listen to the recording as often as you like. If you want to see the transcript (the text) of the recording, please click on the 'View Transcript' button.
Lesson 28: A conversation between a research professor and a student
Click on the MP3 player to listen to a question and three possible answers then choose the best answer to the question.
1. What is the purpose of this conversation?
2. What will Jack probably do next?
3. How many species of primates will Jack be caring for?
4. How does Dr Beech characterize the assistantship?
5. Why does Dr Beech say this: "They're all quite friendly- sometimes too friendly"?