1. With which topic is this passage mainly concerned?
2. According to the passage, some researchers suggest that mammoths became extinct
3. The word "woolly" as used in line 1 refers to the animal's
4. The word "uncovered" as used in line 5 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
5. The word "adapted" in line 8 could best be replaced with
6. In line 8, the word "confined" could best be replaced by
7. The author uses the word "counterpart" in line 11 to refer to
8. The word "enable" in line 12 could best be replaced by which of the following?
9. The word "belated" in line 14 is closest in meaning to which of the following?
10. According to the scientists, the woolly mammoths may have managed to survive because they
11. According to the passage, the reason for the disappearance of the mammoths on the island is
12. Which of the following terms from the passage is NOT used to refer to the mammoths?