1. Sheila works 8 hours per day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 6 hours per day on Tuesday and Thursday. She does not work on Saturday and Sunday. She earns $324 per week. How much does she earn in dollars per hour?
A. 11 B. 10 C. 9 D. 8 E. 7
2. ABCD is a parallelogram. BD = 2. The angles of triangle BCD are all equal. What is the perimeter of the parallelogram?
A. 12 B. 9√3 C. 9 D. 8 E. 3√3
3. If the product of 6 integers is negative, at most how many of the integers can be negative?
A. 2 B. 3 C. 4 D. 5 E. 6
4. If a positive integer n, divided by 5 has a remainder 2, which of the following must be true?
I n is odd
II n + 1 cannot be a prime number
III (n + 2) divided by 7 has remainder 2
A. none B. I only C. I and II only D. II and III only E. I, II and III
5. A solid cube of side 6 is first painted pink and then cut into smaller cubes of side 2. How many of the smaller cubes have paint on exactly 2 sides?
A. 30 B. 24 C. 12 D. 8 E. 6
6. The slope of the line passing through the point (5,5) is 5/6. All of the following points could be on the line except
A. (2.5, 2) B. (11, 10) C. (8, 7.5) D. (-1, 0) E. (-7, -5)
7. In the figure above the square has two sides which are tangent to the circle. If the area of the circle is 4a²π, what is the area of the square?
A. 2a² B. 4a C. 4a² D. 16a² E. 64a²
8. A triangle has a perimeter 13. The two shorter sides have integer lengths equal to x and x + 1. Which of the following could be the length of the other side?
A. 2 B. 4 C. 6 D. 8 E. 10
9. A machine puts c caps on bottles in m minutes. How many hours will it take to put caps on b bottles?
A. 60bm/c B. bm/60c C. bc/60m D. 60b/cm E. b/60cm
10. Paint needs to be thinned to a ratio of 2 parts paint to 1.5 parts water. The painter has by mistake added water so that he has 6 litres of paint which is half water and half paint. What must he add to make the proportions of the mixture correct?
A. 1 litre paint B. 1 litre water C. ½ litre water and one litre paint D. ½ litre paint and one litre water E. ½ litre paint